Maternity sessions are laid back and care free!
Here’s the scoop…
- Schedule your photos as soon as you know you’re pregnant.
- The best time for pictures is between 32 to 36 weeks of pregnancy.
- Every pregnancy is different, you want to be showing that cute round belly but not be at that oh-so-uncomfortable stage.
- It’s all about the lighting.
- The most flattering gorgeous light is during the golden hour, which is about an hour before sunset.
- Golden hour changes, obviously, depending on the season.
- It’s very important to consider what you’re wearing. Gone are the days of matching khaki’s and white shirts. (Thank the Lord).
- The two most important tips are to wear something that shows off your bump, and find something that is unique to you.
- I’m a fashionista at heart so if you need to bounce ideas off of me feel free to text or email with pictures and ideas. I’ll do anything to talk fashion!
- Families should coordinate but not be matchy matchy.
- Boho-chic: Think Anthropologie. Your style might be a little funky, a vintage flower dress with tans and browns. Add pops of color with accessories (jewelry, scarves, etc).
- Add layers: Cardigans, blazers, scarves, jackets, etc.
- Modern and sophisticated: Maybe you love color! You’re an Ann Taylor Loft or an all American Eagle girl. Wear color, fun modern chevron or ikat patterns, with pops of color. Don’t forget to accessorize.
- Did I mention layers? The camera loves to see textures upon textures complete with cardigans and ruffle shirts.
- Sweet and romantic: Whites, pastels, light pinks, gold, mint, neutrals, greys, tans. All of these work really well in front of the camera. Mix neutrals with pops of color. Add a little pizazz with scarves, jewelry, belts, and don’t forget about shoes! This is one of my favorite looks and translates so well on camera.
- Layers, layers, layers.
- And ACCESSORIES!
- Mix patterns and, most of all, have fun with it.
- You’re going to be anxious to see your photos so I’ll try to post one or two on Facebook to tide you over, or to tease you. 😉
- WIthin 4 weeks (often sooner) I’ll have your maternity pictures in a password protected gallery to share with friends and family.